Working within a small team that has potential to grow rapidly over the coming months, the Business Development Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities as listed below.
The role may require occasional travel to clients (expenses paid) and/or some flexible working hours depending on how the business grows over the coming months but in the main this is a home-based position.
- To be part of a team of passionate, friendly, likeminded people who believe in helping the planet and helping businesses in the travel and events industry with their sustainability journeys.
- To actively contact hotels and venues to explain / sell the benefits of ECOsmart accreditation with the objective of winning new business.
- To actively contact travel / event agencies to explain and sell the benefits of ECOsmart accreditation.
- Develop client relationships at all levels (individual properties and key account management of multiples at Head Office level).
- Work with travel management companies or consortia to develop opportunities to secure large numbers of additional ECOsmart sales.
- Upsell EVENTsmart to hotels, venues and agencies.
- Owning the handover and on-boarding process of new clients to our implementations and client success teams.
- To come up with ideas of how we can evolve and improve our accreditation for everyone’s benefit.
- Introduce our green supplier partners (including SmartCarbon) to hotels and work on .
- Produce weekly and monthly Board updates.
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to take on responsibility
- A strong focus on customer service
- Tenacious and adaptable
- Ability to plan and manage change
- Good presentation skills
- Good level of analytical skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong problem solving and organisation skills
- Proactive attitude to work
A competitive Salary plus commission based in achievable targets.
3 days per week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9am to 5pm. (This is open to a flexible)
Pro rata to 12 days based on 3 workings days plus your birthday off (or nearest Monday) plus 3 days holiday between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed.